Forum Discussion

BlastDior
New Contributor
13 days ago

Internet outage in my area since today 2am

Even tho cox and the app says there’s no outage, it rained last night where I live and since then I have no internet at all.Please send a team over to 89178
because there’s definitely an outage

Thanks

2 Replies

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

An outage would indicate everyone in your area's services are out. Since you are not in a declared outage, that means that is not the case. 

With that being said, what kind of modem are you using? What are the indicator lights on the modem showing? Have you tried reseating all cable connections, power cycling the modem, and if you have a stand alone router, the router as well?

• Please know the purpose of the Cox community forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox services with other customers and we encourage our users to assist each other where possible via this avenue. Billing and account issues require the sharing of sensitive information to resolve which isn't best suited for a public forum. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name, complete street address, the details of your concern and a link to this post.  Because this post falls outside of the purpose of our forums I will be turning off replies to this thread. We look forward to receiving your email so that we may assist you.