Forum Discussion

huntybunty
New Contributor II
3 months ago

Internet is out again

Boy I sure do love spending $100 a month of my hard earned cash to have a service that fails all the time. Yet again, here I am trying to get some work done and I can’t because there’s a network issue preventing me from connecting any of my devices to the internet. Can I run a hotspot off of my phone? Sure. But that’s not the point. The point is I’m paying for a service that shouldn’t just blip out of existence whenever it wants. I’ve never had these issues with any other ISP yet I’m forced into using this god forsaken service because Cox has a monopoly on the internet available in my city. I hate it here. I hate cox. This whole forum does nothing to help other than coddle boomers who can’t use google. I can’t wait for some cox sucker to come defend this company because cox chose to invest better infrastructure in their area than mine. Save your time. Just fix your **bleep** servers and let me work in peace. Also! Fun fact. My account password and information was recently discovered in a data leak so I would recommend anyone reading this update their details. Not only is Cox failing to provide internet services to their customers but they’re failing to provide basic security for their customers information. Ridiculous. 

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • huntybunty I can see how your service not wiorking when you need it to can be frustrating. I wouldn't like it either. Please know the purpose of the Cox forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox services with other customers and we encourage our users to assist each other where possible via this avenue. Billing and account issues require the sharing of sensitive information to resolve which isn't best suited for a public forum. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name, complete street address, the details of your concern and a link to this post.  Because this post falls outside of the purpose of our forums I will be locking this thread. We look forward to receiving your email so that we may assist you.