Forum Discussion

geegeex57
New Contributor II
10 months ago

Intermitted internet all day...

Since about 8am this morning when I got up the internet has been going on and off.  Usually when it goes out my webpage will say Can't access that page, then a few minutes later  No internet.  My Roku will say not connected.   But now when it goes off, it look like it's trying to access a website because the background is white not black as usual.  My Roku is acting weird, it will still display the time, when it usually doesn't when it's not connected and when I click to go to a station, it tries to go, and makes that circle where it's trying to load, then I will get a message like   Paramount+ is not available for your region.... I am like huh? I have had it for years.. I am in the USA.  Where usually when it loses connection a large black box pops up says NOT CONNECTED, with instructions on how to reconnect.  It doesn't do that.

I have called COX 5 times now, no help, they restarted it from their end, I even had the modem restart from the phone while on hold it gave me that option, and it was "unsuccessful", although the one they did was successful and here it is out again after 22 minutes.  I have recycled power 6 or 7 times now.  It usually remedies the situation, like I just did to get on here.  But I know it will go off in a few minutes.

It has a dedicated power supply.  No Router or Switch. No WiFi. It is directly connected from modem to my computer. I have tried a different cable, no luck there. Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.  Only thing I could think of, is maybe the modem has gone bad... I have had this modem for about a year.

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Just to be clear, you have a Panoramic gateway, not a modem, right? If so, can you post the signal levels? From 192.168.0.1 > user;admin password;password > Connection > Cox Network. Easiest way is to upload a screenshot to Imgur or some other site and post the link. Just post the downstream and upstream levels, not where it shows your MAC address.

geegeex57
      New Contributor II

Thanks for your help and attention.  I went to 192.168.0.1 Got the Cox Gateway login.  The user  admin and password password did not work.  I called cox cable they could not get into my user name and password until I went out and unplugged the modem and reset it, then they finally got in. They reset the user name and password 3 times... it would not take.  It kept saying wrong user name.  But not wrong password.   I tried so many times it kept timing out for 5 minutes at a time.   I got a date for them to come out but not until next week.  I am going to go to the Cox Store tomorrow and get a new box, hopefully that does the trick.  Crossing my fingers.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Did you try a factory reset? Do you have a black or white Panoramic gateway? If black, hold down the reset button/hole for 10 seconds under the coaxial port. If white, hold down the WPS button above the telephone ports for 60 seconds. If that doesn't work, swap it at the Cox store. While your at it, if you have the black one, see if they can upgrade to the white one.

DRVEGAS
    Valued Contributor

I'm not sure what might be going on but try unplugging the new one again for at least 10 minutes and see what happens.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Good troubleshooting step, but won't do anything to increase the signal on the line.