Forum Discussion

Bdtgg
New Contributor
4 years ago

Intermitent latency spikes throughout the day

Hop 2

Hop 9 Final

Tech came out Saturday, today is Tuesday.  Without checking ANY lines outside or inside, blamed this on my "old" Docsis 3.0 SB6141 modem and told me to buy a new one to resolve the issue.  

Can anyone better than me at interpreting pingplotter tell me if this is normal?

3 Replies

• @Bdtgg, If you are using a router with your 6141, then the 2nd hop is most likely your modem. I recommend bypassing the router and testing a device directly plugged up to the modem to see if you get similar results. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      Bdtgg
      New Contributor

I have my SB6141 connected to a Google Wifi puck, and from that puck I run the ethernet directly to my PC.  This should be data from hardwired connection as my PC is indicating it's using ethernet connection (I don't have wifi capabilities in my PC).

LisaH
        Please remove anything between the modem and the computer as this will give us the best results. When sending the ping plotter, please send the whole thing as this will help us to determine the next step. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator