Forum Discussion

WM
New Contributor II
13 days ago

Gmail POP-ing cox.net worked, now with yahoo hosting it doesn't

I posted to another message that was marked "SOLVED".  Not  sure what it was marked solved as I see people are having issues. I use gmail and before this transition used POP to pull my cox.net email into my gmail.  My cox.net account has been transferred to Yahoo.  I logged into Yahoo's webmail using Cox.net and see current email there. 

The POP settings for Yahoo are not working.  here are the settings and error message.

This stuff is not rocket science.  This is most likely poor planning and no testing.

1. I knew I should have gotten away from cox.net email a loooonnng time ago

7 Replies

• Hello, I am very sorry you have not had the best experience with Cox. I understand how important communication and reliable service is. We value your business, and I would be happy to help. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post to Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!

WM
      New Contributor II

Thanks Julian.  I have just sent the requested information to Cox.help@cox.com.

Date: 4/22/2024 8:15am PST (Daylight Savings Time)

WM
      New Contributor II

Hi Darkatt , Have you attempted this with a gmail account?  And does it work for you? 

I have a  question for you; When you generate that pwd? Do I then need to change my yahoo/cox.net account to that generated pwd? Then that is the pwd I use when I "pop" my yahoo/cox.net email to my gmail account?

programa
    New Contributor

Hello

Also no FREE account email forwarding anymore RIPPED they want $5 a month that is crazy

I WAS ABLE TO GMAILIFY no generated password so in gmail select gmailfy trick is -> enter your email with a xxxx@yahoo.com but then login with your XXX@cox.net and yahoo password not a generated one.. its working   - your welcome (grey hair programmer with some personality issues) send starbucks to me programa