Forum Discussion

etherealdragonf
New Contributor
6 years ago

Email problem - Deleted emails in webmail keep coming back

This has been going on since you took away the old "Classic" format and forced me to use the new webmail format. 

Whether I delete mail or mark as spam and click that button, all my emails return to inbox. I had to do this process 2-4 times before they will actually stay away. This is ridiculous how long it takes to try and delete email. I have had nothing but problems since you changed things.

Please fix this problem! ... or reinstate the choice of "Classic" format back to our email. 

5 Replies

• it's not the "format"  that changed.  cox outsourced email to a 3rd party & it's a completely different program.  i'm having the same issue. or i get a message that the action can't be completed "likely because your mailbox is full."  which is never the case. but yes, it's bad enough to have to do it once, but 3 tries?  i've also found that even after i've deleted an email and it's off my screen, sometimes they will still download to my mail client.

• Hi Etherealdragonfly, does the problem with deleted emails coming back into your Inbox occur on each of your cox.net email accounts? Or just a specific email account? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
  • I too have this issue, and it ** because ever since going to the new platform I now get DOZENS of spam emails in my inbox every single day. I average at least one new one coming through every few minutes yet emails I'm actually trying to receive can't seem to make it to my inbox even after days of waiting for them.

LisaH
      Hi Jaeger. As for the spam issue, you can also create filters to help with removing the spam. Also, please make sure you are marking each one as spam so that our spam filters will update. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator
        Jaeger
        Contributor

I have been using filters, they do not work. I have also been marking the same sorts of emails as spam for over a year now and the problem only keeps getting worse. You guys need to change hosts ASAP.