Forum Discussion

WiderMouthOpen
Esteemed Contributor
8 months ago
Solved

Delete temp/cookies.

If anyone is getting a 401 HTTP error when trying to sign in, be sure to delete your cookies and tempory files. That worked for me.

TiffanyR
    8 months ago

Hello WiderMouthOpen, 

Thank you for this feedback. I have shared it with my leaders. We are still working to fully integrate the community and hope to be running smoothly in no time. 

18 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Anonymous

I had to create a new 'Username' of 'Lovemylab1'. The "autologin" asked me to "complete registration" and wouldn't let me use my old 'Username'. It said it was already taken. I tried to get help via Chat with a Cox agent, who instead decided to add another 'User ID', not understanding that a 'User ID' and a 'Username' are two different things. Frustrated, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Couldn't reach a moderator without registering.

Becky

I'm so sorry about that! We're looking into why that happened. 

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

Images in previous posts are resized,   An image the size of surrounding text was resized to fill the screen.

Apparently, linking to a specific reply is no longer possible.  The link must be to the thread. 

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Closing all browser tabs (not just forums) will clear the 401 HTTP error.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Requires you to sign in almost every day still though. I wonder what the experiation date on the cookie is? I tried to look but couldn't find the right cookie.

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

When testing new forum stuff, I tried canceling a "Like" and it caused an untrapped error that resulted in the 401 HTTP error.   Closing all browser tabs cleared it and it hasn't occurred since.  The untrapped error that caused it has apparently been fixed.  If you're still getting the 401 error every day, you might have a unique issue.   The following website might help, but it may be stuff you already know.

How to Fix a 401 Unauthorized Error? - GeeksforGeeks

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

BTW, Seems loading a picture, even if you later delete it, still messes up with upload. Anyone else?

TiffanyR

Hello WiderMouthOpen, 

Thank you for this feedback. I have shared it with my leaders. We are still working to fully integrate the community and hope to be running smoothly in no time. 

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

Apparently we're unable to delete our own replies now.

There's also a maximum number of replies that an individual may post within a thread.  If you exceed the limit, your reply won't be published.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Where did you get that info? Seems the new UI hasn't been long enough to test it. Either way, do you know the maxium number?

I have noticed I have to clear my cookies almost every day or I get the 401 HTTP error. Anyone else?