Forum Discussion

DRVEGAS
Valued Contributor
8 months ago

Email notifications

I'm just curious if email notifications are now working again?  Please comment so we can check this.  Guess what it is working again 👍

15 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Lovemylab
    Contributor III

Mine is mostly working. Occasionally hitting 502 proxy error and 400 errors, but I'll keep clearing my cache and proceeding carefully while sorting out any loose ends.

TiffanyR

Hi Lovemylab, 

We are still working to fully integrate the community. We appreciate your patience as we come to a resolution. 

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

I can't even make my own post. I tried, it posted for a bit but then was deleted. I think this forum is still a work in progress.

ChrisB
    Community Manager

Hi WiderMouthOpen I see several posts from you this morning.  Do you recall the title of the thread, or can you provide a description of what was in the post?

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

It posted after about 10min or so.See here. Seems you have to approve pictures now in posts? Seems to delay it.

• Hello DRVega,

Our initial testing shows email notifications to be working. Please be sure to check your spam folder and let us know if you are not receiving new email notifications. 

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

To answer your question, I see the site(forum) notification is working again. However my account is still tied to a old decativated cox.net email so I can't test email notification. Anyone else?

DRVEGAS
      Valued Contributor

Mine is working fine again good luck 🤞

TiffanyR

Hello WiderMouthOpen, 

Have you tried updating your Cox.com profile to ensure it has the correct email address listed? We are also looking into it on our end. If the right email address is showing or you are unable to edit the email address, can you email my team at cox.help@cox.com with your preferred email address? 

Tiffany R. 

Cox Support Forum Moderator

• I've never ever recieved a notification on anything I post here, I have double checked all the notification settings and they never work.

TiffanyR

Hello Flinx, 

I know that notifications were an issue with the old Forum format. It should be working now. I am able to receive notifications through my email and at the forums. I would recommend checking the settings here https://forums.cox.com/mysettings/followsAndNotifications, but also check that you have the right email set up for forum notifications. 

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

What is the specific setting to turn on forum notifications (bell icon in upper right) for threads in which I've participated?  I'm not referring to email notifications.  I don't want those in my Inbox.  

I found the Follow/Unfollow icon in the upper right to the left of the gear icon.  Apparently, the default is no notification unless that icon is clicked for each indvidual thread to "Follow".  Is that correct?