Forum Discussion

SunDevil
New Contributor
3 years ago

Email Accounts Inactive/Deleted

I spent a few hours on the phone tonight with Cox Support, but none of the techs could answer the question regarding my apparently deleted cox email accounts. 

Under "Manage Users", it lists 3 secondary users which had Cox email accounts attached to them, but I can no longer access my email associated with them.  It lets me change my password and after I sign in, it tells me no cox account is associated with that user id.  In the past, I had 2 other secondary users with cox email accounts that were deleted by Cox and today, no longer show on my secondary users list.  My question is if the 3 secondary users no longer have a cox email account associated with them, why do they still show under "Manage Users"?  The reason I'm questioning this is that as I noted above, the 2 other secondary users I used to have with an associated email account no longer appear under my "Manage Users".  If they're all inactive/deleted by Cox, it should not show any of the 5 secondary users that no longer have an email account associated with them.  Cox's inconsistency in this situation makes me wonder if my 3 email accounts exist somewhere in their system since the 3 secondary users still appear while the other deleted secondary users do not.

I had signed in to all 3 secondary user accounts at least every 6 months, so I asked Cox Support to tell me when the 3 Cox email accounts associated with the 3 secondary users had been declared "inactive", and Cox Support couldn't access that information or didn't have it.

None of the 3 secondary users have the "Reactivate Email" button showing under "Manage Users".

If anyone can shed light on this, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks for any help.

1 Reply

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @SunDevil,

I apologize that you are experiencing this with your email address. I'm here to help. It will be my pleasure to shed light. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator