Forum Discussion

alizabeth
New Contributor
4 years ago

Deposit on returned equipment

When I first go Cox internet I started with the basic package and had to pay a deposit for the equipment rental. Well I decided I needed better wifi coverage throughout my home so I upgraded my modem to the panoramic wifi and again had to pay a deposit for the new mode. I didn't realize that with the upgradedodem I need the preferred 150 internet package and in order to upgrade to that I again will need to pay another $50 deposit. So I called cox and asked when I'd get the deposit back on the modem I returned after upgrading and they told me I wouldn't get it back for 12 months! Is this true? If so I'll cancel my Cox service because I should get a deposit back for equipment I returned as soon as I return it

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Cox initially required a deposit for a modem?  I don't think this is true.  If you're at the Solution Store and don't have a modem, Cox will sell you the modem. Cox doesn't loan modem on deposit.   It's your modem and Cox would never take it back.

The Panoramic wouldn't have a deposit because you rent it.  If you terminate your service but don't return the Panoramic, Cox wouldn't withhold a deposit...but charge you for the Panoramic.

I've never heard of a deposit.  You either buy it at the Solution Store or Cox rents it to you.

MaryF
    Former Moderator
    Hello Alizabeth,

The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High Speed Internet services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please send us an email to cox.help@cox.com with your full name, account holder's name, street address and a link to your forum post.

Mary
    Cox Support Forums Moderator