Forum Discussion

Hhayes11
New Contributor
6 months ago

Daily Area Outages

There has been area outages on my internet multiple times a day for the past 5-6 months. Sometimes it's only down for a few mins, sometimes 1-2hrs, and today it's been down since 9am and it's now 9:30pm. When contacting cox they always suggest modem resets and basic troubleshooting which is frustrating because it's an area outage not my house only lol. Also its frustrating b/c they don't automatically credit the bill. You always have to contact them and go through the whole process of explaining and telling them when it was out for the credits. Why are WE even paying them for service at this point?? Even a technician came out last month and didn't see anything wrong. I just don't know what to do any more because it's clearly a bigger issue and they haven't really escalated it. 

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello, I am very sorry you have not had the best experience with Cox. I understand how important communication and reliable service is. We value your business, and I would be happy to help. Please email us your full name and complete address at Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!

rbrasgas
    New Contributor

Oh no. Looks like I'm joining your club.

My internet has been going in and out multiple times a day. Going on 9 days now. And it's my whole neighborhood of 100+ houses.

When contacting cox they always suggest modem resets and basic troubleshooting

Even a technician came out last month and didn't see anything wrong.

Yup, live chat tech support was useless for me as well.

I know this is going to happen if they force me to request a technician, and I would have to pay 75$. But the whole neighborhood is experiencing this issue.

Last time I contacted twitter cox customer care, they sent a technician free of charge when my neighborhoods internet went out for a whole day when it rained... I tried contacting their twitter representive again, but it's someone different who said I have to pay 75$ for a technician. It's like they're missing a brain. What part of "neighborhood" don't you understand?

Hhayes11
      New Contributor

I went to the store location today and they sent a supervisor tech out. The tech assured us that the issue was resolved from a wire underground. I told him I think it's a bigger issue than that because this has been going on for months now. He was confident it was fixed. Guess what? My net just went down again today a bit before 8pm CST and still no service. Just don't know what to do any more. May have to move to AT&T but wondering what the feedback is on their service in the neighborhood. 

ColleenD

Hi, Hhayes111. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble again. Outage information specific to your area isn't a topic our community can typically help with, so we ask that you email us at cox.help@cox.com for support. You can also reach us on Twitter CoxHelp or on Facebook.

I think I was able to locate your account and can see there is an outage declared, but all equipment nearby is online. If you still need assistance with your service please reach out to us via email or social so we can assist you. 

• Hi, there. I understand your concern and I sincerely apologize. I appreciate how important the internet connection has become these days, and I apologize that the service interruption is impacting your business. Please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We really want to help. 

azolivas
    New Contributor III

surprise surprise! yet another outage today Friday November 3!    Cox needs to begin reimbursing customers for all the downtime. It is literally every week!  Enough is enough!  

DustinP

azolivas,

We can help and review your account in regards to outage credits if there is a network issue open that's impacting your service. When you can, could you please email Cox.Help@cox.com with your name, complete address, and some detail of the issue? We can help look into that on your behalf.