Forum Discussion

LadyInWhite
New Contributor
3 years ago

Cox website NEVER recognizes my password

I've had to reset my password four times now, because the Cox login tells me it's not correct. I thought maybe someone was hacking my account, but how could they without being able to get into my email to verify, so I changed that password too. Then I set up the two-step verification for even more security. Just did this about a week or two ago.

Today, I try to sign in, and same thing. So to test the system, I tried to use my current password as my new password on reset. The system said "Sorry, you can't use your CURRENT password as your new password." So it knows that's my current password, but it won't recognize it.

Could this be because I use a VPN? I don't know what else it could be, although it shouldn't affect whether the system can recognize my password. It doesn't say it doesn't recognize my device.

I can't take much more of this. I've done everything I can on my end. 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    bearone2
    Contributor III

if you have more than one device, you need to change pw on all devices.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Is your browser auto-completing your password?  If so, is the password saved in your Credential Manager valid?

I suppose a good tell would be if your browser asks to save or update your new password.  If your browser is set to some variant of Private Browsing, it may not prompt to save/update.