Forum Discussion

skylardaniels
New Contributor
5 years ago

Cox not allowing me to stream on Twitch.

So I’ve talked to Twitch and Streamlabs obs and they’re both saying my ISP is throttling my rates when I try to stream. I’m getting my speeds, yet when I connect to twitch I don’t get more than 3000 kbps when I’m paying for 30 Mbs upload. I’m tired of cox. I’m an affiliate on twitch and if I have to I will move to get better internet because I’m just so tired of not being helped. I’ve been dealing with this for over 5 months and I've had MULTIPLE techs come out. I just want someone to actually help me I do not know what else to do and I am so frustrated

1 Reply

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Skylardaniels, Cox does not shape or throttle Internet traffic or engage in other network practices based on the particular online content, protocols or applications a customer uses. Our network provisioning and engineering practices are designed to enable customers to receive the speeds for the packages they are subscribed to. Can you please email us hard-wired traceroutes to cox.help@cox.com, so that we may have them reviewed? Latency and/or packet loss that does not occur on the Cox network is not something that we can assist with because this does not take place on our network. If latency and/or packet loss is occurring over the Cox network on any one of our servers, then we can definitely investigate further. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator