Forum Discussion

Sylvanas
New Contributor II
5 years ago

Cox cheating it customers.

I never ever got the internet speed I paid for, I am always pushed to get a higher and higher speed but COX deliver a 3rd world country like internet. currently paying for a 50MB speed but all I get is 2MB of download. 

many people have been complaining about this issue and nothing was done and after speaking with the support many time it sound like cox is just cheating its customers because they know the majority of them don't really know what's a 50MB speed looks like or check their internet speed so they get away with it.

6 Replies

MakeMoreNodes
    New Contributor II

In all reality, the real criticism comes from then selling these high speed Internet packages when in reality a lot of people done use these speeds, or only use them in small time frames(such as downloading large files and such) gaming takes almost no bandwidth, and he streaming is usually what causes congestion on the residential side. I just wish they had allocated resources to infrastructure upgrades before it became a problem. 

also, cool name if it’s in reference to WoW. Can’t wait for shadowlands 

Sylvanas
      New Contributor II

This is mind boggling, I just realized that I have been paying for 50Mb speed however it never exceed 15Mb in 8 months of use. I could have just got a a 30Mb plan and saved about $40 and that would have been still not enough. I checked my parent's house and  they get the same 15Mb speed while they pay for a 100Mb plan. this is insane. most people never check their internet speed and that's how they get away with it.

Sylvanas
    New Contributor II

so I went to cox own speed test, and there in the header it says 

You have COX INTERNET ESSENTIAL 30 with speeds up to:

30 Mbps download |  3 Mpbs upload

while in my account it says I have ESSENTIAL 50 and I have been paying for ESSENTIAL 50. after taking the test it show an internet speed of only 16Mb