Forum Discussion

zlloyd1
New Contributor
3 years ago

Cox Cable takes unauthorized payment from bank account then goes into site maintenance to hide.

I woke up early this morning because of some neck pain, and since I could not sleep, I checked my Email, and bank accounts, just to find my checking account was overdrawn because of a $78.02 charge taken by Cox Cable in the middle of the night that was not authorized by me, nor due....

So, I attempted to login to my account in order to find further information, only to be met with an notification that the site was under maintenance. This is the same thing I got when I tried to contact tech support, that they could not access my account due to maintenance, and was disconnected.

I do not have a cable internet bill due until January 24, so it makes no sens that they would jump the gun, and withdraw the payment so early from my bank, which they do not have authorization to do without my expressed consent. I did not have enough in the account at this time to cover it, so they left me with a negative balance, and have made themselves impossible to contact.

What a bunch of criminals.

They should all be locked away, and not allowed to have a monopoly as internet providers, but they feel they can do whatever they want because they are not affected by competition, allowing them to steal as much money as they want from their clients, whenever they feel like it!!

1 Reply

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @Zlloyd1,

I can certainly understand your frustrations. We value you and certainly don't want you to feel this way. I'm here to help. Unfortunately, we are currently in full system maintenance until 7 AM Eastern Time. We apologize for the inconvenience. You are welcome to reach back out to continue to troubleshoot then.

We certainly don't want you to feel this way. We apologize that your interactions with us have brought you to this point. If you decide that you would like personal support please reach out to us at 9 AM, as we are currently doing company-wide full system maintenance.

We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator