Forum Discussion

ericmj
New Contributor
3 years ago

can't send email thru smtp.cox.net

I have a secondary email address setup that my Mom uses, starting yesterday she is able to receive emails, but can't send them, either from her computer or from her phone.  We've changed the password, checked all the outgoing server port settings, and still doesn't work,

On her computer she uses Mozilla Thunderbird, and I've updated it to the latest version.  Can send emails from the webmail interface with no problem, but that's not the most convenient/easiest for her, and it doesn't fix the issue of sending from her phone.

Any thoughts or ideas on what else to try?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Let's not rule out your server as the problem.  Subscribers report LOTS of email problem here and sometimes problems just "magically" resolve without any explanation.

How long has your Mom had problems sending?

ericmj
      New Contributor

Just the last couple of days.  I told her that as well, but she keeps asking me about it :)

I've also suggested she re-boot her computer, my diagnostic work is remote using Team Viewer.

ericmj
    New Contributor

Still not working for my Mom, on PC or phone.  I installed Thunderbird on my PC, and it works fine for both my (primary) and hers (secondary) email accounts.  Only other thing that I can think of is to remove the account from her phone and PC and start from scratch.