Forum Discussion

KScilingo
New Contributor
7 years ago

Cannot find outgoing server

Why can I not send emails in Outlook?  I changed my setting a few months back and everything was working fine until abut a week ago?

37 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    StephanieA
    Former Moderator
    KScilingo,

Are you using any other device to check and/or send emails? If so, what settings are you using for those devices. Also, please check your outbox and make sure it's empty.

KScilingo
    New Contributor

Ive been using the same *** laptop for 2 years, no other devices.  what is going with this, I cant send emails at all, 5 different people have tried to help me.  Does anyone in the tech dept know what they are talking about?

ColleenD
      KScilingo, Have you recently changed your password to a brand new password you've never used previously? Some customers' passwords may be out of sync between the mail servers and webmail and the invalid attempts are locking users out of the SMTP server. If you haven't already done so, please disconnect your email client, reset your password as Danny suggested previously Then check your settings on your device and reconnect the email.
    Swamper
    New Contributor III

I am on the East coast and use smtp.east.cox.net as my outgoing server. Been using it for years and it works with the "new and improved" cox email system.

MyPlanet
    New Contributor

Having the same issue right now.  All setting are correct and haven't changed.  It connects to smtp.west.cox.net, but won't accept the login.  I'm sure there is a perfectly logical reason.

KScilingo
    New Contributor

So I guess there is No one at Cox that knows anything about this issues...

DannyS
      Hello KScilingo, When the email platform changed, all users were required to update their 3 party client settings then login in at our new address of myemail.cox.net and change your password. Please be sure to change the password to one that has never been used prior, or would be considered to be close to one you previously had in the past. Afterward, you will still need to wait approx 30 minutes for the service to update and process the request. Cox Support Moderator