Forum Discussion

hooover
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Outgoing mail

Can’t send emails from my account on my Apple devices. I was on the phone for 2 hours with Cox and they said it was an Apple issue. I was on the phone with Apple for an hour and they couldn’t help me, they were very helpful. What is the issue Cox?

• Hi Hooover. What is the error message you are getting when you try to send an email? If you are getting a message to enter your credentials, please make sure that your user id doesn't include @cox.net and also verify your password works by logging into myemail.cox.net. If the password doesn't work, you may need to change it to a totally new password and then update all devices and 3rd party email programs with the incoming and outgoing server settings. .- Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Hooover. What is the error message you are getting when you try to send an email? If you are getting a message to enter your credentials, please make sure that your user id doesn't include @cox.net and also verify your password works by logging into myemail.cox.net. If the password doesn't work, you may need to change it to a totally new password and then update all devices and 3rd party email programs with the incoming and outgoing server settings. .- Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      hooover
      New Contributor

It says , “your connection to the outgoing server cox.net has failed. Additional servers can be found in setting. I’ve changed my password already. 

bearone2
        Contributor III

remove/delete the account then create automatically, enter imap/smtp pw & you'll be set.