Forum Discussion

Jay_in_AZ
New Contributor III
6 years ago
Solved

Cannot access Cox Webmail most of the time

Seems like the google search for a resolution to webmail problems was locked but never resolved. The webmail problem for the past several months has been either site not found or IF the webmail page ...
    6 years ago

I have had problems getting connected to the webmail servers when I use Windows 10 Edge and I have also noticed that when I check the box on the logon screen to remember my user id... it never does.

HOWEVER

As a test I downloaded Chrome and have had no problems when I use it to access webmail.  I'm thinking that their 'new and improved email application' has not been tested using EDGE. As a former developer I know it is a pain to coexist the various browsers and I hope that they will look into the problems from this standpoint.

As a workaround to your issues I suggest giving Chrome a try.

jnorris19
    6 years ago

I have had exactly the problems with Cox E-mail described here for several months. I started out with Chrome and finally switched to Edge. E-mail worked fine for about a week. I thought problem solved, not so however. It's like the Cox gremlin took a week to find me. Now It's back to frustration.

I've been a Cox customer for many years. They used to be a wonderful company. Not so much anymore. Appears to me they are circling the drain. 

Jay_in_AZ
    6 years ago

Spoke too soon. Back to saying "This page can't be displayed" yada, yada, yada.

Jay_in_AZ
    6 years ago

The computer doesn't crash. Resetting gateway is a path to greater headaches. COX Webmail is ONLY site that doesn't load. It worked fine yesterday for a brief period but not this morning. I have not downloaded any new programs in ages so interference between programs should not be happening. Personally I think it's not a problem on my end because there are way too many others experiencing the same problems I am.