Forum Discussion

genxmoxie
New Contributor II
6 months ago

Advance Notice for Planned Maintenance?

Hi! I am a crisis counselor who works at home overnights. I was just on the phone with a 13-year-old boy and his father because the boy was feeling like killing themselves. The call dropped right after I got the child to open up a little bit. This is the second time that it's happened now since the first of October. And in my line of work it can't happen. It's not an inconvenience, it's a tragedy. Is there no way that advance notice can be given to customers when planned maintenance is scheduled? Just because nights are more convenient for most people doesn't mean it's convenient for all. I realize that you all have a job to do but so do a lot of the rest of us. And my job is literally critical. I implore somebody in upper management to take this message seriously.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello, I apologize you have experienced ongoing network issues. Cox values your business, and we want you to have a good and stable connection. I would be happy to investigate this matter for you. Please contact us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com and provide us with your name and complete address for assistance. 

genxmoxie
      New Contributor II

Already did. Just wanted to put this into the ether for good measure. I see this same request has been going on for years by other Cox customers. time to find another provider. 

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Did the line drop on your end or his? Does he have Cox telephone? Also, have you considered getting a cell phone for backup?

genxmoxie
      New Contributor II

You're joking, right? As if I'm taking calls on a personal line. 🤦‍♀️And like I don't have a cell phone which has absolutely nothing to do with this.