Forum Discussion

lulu007
New Contributor III
5 months ago
Solved

Advanced security not present in wifi app

its not there anymore cannot enable or disable advanced security

• Looks like it is fixed Cox and ios fixed the app and firmware.

17 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app? If so, what about these instructions?

"After logging into the Panoramic Wifi app, tap on the Secure Your Network card on the home screen. (If you don't happen to see a card on the home screen, then go to the Connect tab at the bottom of your app's screen and select the Advanced Security card)"

DustinP

Lulu007,

I found the steps WiderMouthOpen shared above from https://www.cox.com/residential/internet/learn/panoramic-wifi-app.html. What is your Cox WiFi App Version?

To find the App Version, you may open the Cox WiFi App, then click the Account tab. Scroll down to the bottom and the Version should appear there.

When you Open The Cox WiFi App, are you seeing Overview/WiFi/Home/Account on the bottom tabs? If so, could you click WiFi tab, then click 'View WiFi equipment'. After clicking WiFi equipment do you see an option to click Advanced Settings >? If so, then you may manage advanced settings here. If this is not what you are looking for, then we may need more information on what it is you're looking to accomplish.

lulu007
    New Contributor III

i on version 511 the latest version and i am looking for advanced security and it is not preset in my app at all thank you 

ChrisJ2

Hi, there. I'm really sorry for the difficulties with our Panoramic app. Please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. I would be glad to look into this for you. 

lulu007
    New Contributor III

I have the newest modem and was told that advanced security is not yet compatible with it.

Becky

Hi Lulu007, I'd really like to investigate this further on your behalf. Please email my team at Cox.Help@cox.com so we can get to the bottom of this for you. 

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

What model modem do you have? Technicolor CGM4981? Should say the Cox model(which is slightly different then actual model) on a sticker on the bottom of the modem.

lulu007
      New Contributor III

been doing this advanced security for months new wifi 6 modem

lulu007
    New Contributor III

Looks like it is fixed Cox and ios fixed the app and firmware.