Forum Discussion

Eddie005
New Contributor
7 years ago

Email Error when sending

I started getting a weird error today when I attempt to send an email. 

Server error: 550 5.1.1 relaying not allowed. I also can not get my email to send at all on my new android phone, can receive though. Had to set up gmail to be able to send. Whats going on with Cox email all of a sudden. 

17 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    StephanieA
    Former Moderator
    Eddie005,

I sent a test email to our account and it was sent and received without any errors. Are you sending the email to more than just us? If so, please try sending to only us first to verify the outcome.

Eddie005
    New Contributor

Just tried again and got it back again with the same error, only sending it to cox.help@cox.com which is the link you put in your emails to me. I have had cox email for years, you can see by my account with you and never had issues until this last update that cox did and it appears I am not the only one with issues.

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:     test

Sent:  3/6/2018 5:29 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'cox.help@cox.com' on 3/6/2018 5:29 PM

Server error: '550 5.1.1 <cox.help@cox.com> relaying not allowed'

• Eddie,

Please paste the error message in its entirety. There should be some additional information after what you've shared so far.

Eddie005
    New Contributor

The entire error is the same as posted above

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:     test

Sent:  3/6/2018 5:29 PM and this is on a new email, not a reply or copy

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'cox.help@cox.com' on 3/6/2018 5:29 PM

Server error: '550 5.1.1 <cox.help@cox.com> relaying not allowed'

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    @Eddie005

Are you using your home Internet connection when you try to send these? Can you try signing into webmail and see if you can send there?

Eddie005
    New Contributor

yes i am using my home internet connection and have tried both my Outlook and the cox webmail, still getting the errors as of today

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    @Eddie005

Would it be possible to reply back with the full text of the error message received when sending from webmail?