Want to learn how to use the Support Forums?
Read the forum guidelines
I just signed up with Cox and I've had nothing but problems with my DVR. I've had it replaced once. At first my DVR was wiping out all of my recordings. That has since been resolved with the replacement. I've been having the following problems lately:
1. Recordings being corrupt and not being able to watch them
2. Recording a currently airing show, click the record button, click confirm but it doesnt actually record the show
3. Cancelling series but it continues to record them
4. different rooms show different recordings
5. The most frustrating is sports shows. A football game that is airing for 3.5 hours on the guide records for up to 5 hours which causes conflicts with other recordings
Cox's only response is to reboot the DVR. So to use Cox cable I have to reboot the DVR twice a day?
Update: I rebooted and now the remote works! So happy. However, earlier I had enabled closed caption because I couldn't hear the announcers on the Seattle game because the crowd was so loud. Now, the closed caption words have moved from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen and now cover up the contour menu when I enter it. The pain continues.
Yes some have been recorded. I've had two additonal issues today:
1. A football game I recorded ended abrubtly after only recording for 4 minutes 34 seconds.
2.I recorded the WVU and Iowa St. football game on FS1. I just attempted to record the USC Colorado game that starts immediately after the WVU / Iowa St. game on the same channel and was told I had to cancel another recording because of too many conflicts. The recording system is so stupid it's overlapping recordings on the same channel.
Why doesn't it end the first recording on time and start the new recording on time???? I'm beginning to believe that some of the issues I'm having are related to poorly written programming (ie. software programmers) that Cox has hired contracted out with.
"I think a bug fix needs to be submitted to whoever is in charge of these software options and / or create some escalation ticket so a root cause solution can be found / implemented."
I think some troubleshooting needs to be performed instead of throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks.