Forum Discussion

abaker1992
New Contributor II
5 years ago

Why?

Why is it that I can not move my modem from one room to another for free? Why is it that in order for someone to come check to see if my modem is faulty or not (since according to them a modem lasts about 2 years before it's a trash can) without paying 75 *** dollars on? When I contact support and they say theres an issue, then contact later because the issue isn't fixed and the second one tells me there isn't a single issue on there side, what's the deal? Can I see what you see so I can make a proper assessment of my own and troubleshoot on my end? These problems didn't start until I upgraded 6 months ago. Tired of getting lag or disconnects due to inconsistencies. Speed tests are usually almost always not the truth, I can't get the real truth until I actually do something online.

1 Reply

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hello, we are sorry to learn about the ongoing service issues you've been experiencing. When sending a service technician out to the home, there is no charge if the issue is related to the Cox equipment or Cox wiring. With Cox Complete Care, this offers full home-wiring protection at only $10 per month, http://bit.ly/2UWHCN8. If the technician determines the issue to not be related to our equipment or our wiring, then a $75 fee may be assessed on the account.

Can you please check and make sure that all cables are tightly fastened and free of damage? This also includes any splitters or amplifiers you may have in the home. When experiencing these issues, are you on a wireless connection or are you hard-wired? Are all devices affected or only one device? Does this solely occur while gaming or does this happen when doing other internet-related activities? Would you be able to hard-wire a PC or laptop directly to the modem and perform a speed test for us, using the Cox Internet Speed Test tool, http://bit.ly/2VsdGbX? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator