Forum Discussion

felicityc
New Contributor
5 years ago

Short (1-5min) Internet drop at 4am PST every morning, consistently.

I don't know if this is something like my IP address getting refreshed or if some maintenance happens, but it's totally unacceptable when I do in fact work through mornings and have a 1-10 minute internet drop that seems to have no factors to it or consistency in what I'm doing other than it being 4am.

Thank you if you took the time to help.

3 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

It sounds intentional and scheduled.  Like you wrote...perhaps it's a refresh, reboot, re-authentication, re-map, etc on a router, node or server.

Although it affects you, scheduling the job at 4 AM would affect the least amount of people on whatever is being done.

felicityc
      New Contributor

Yeah, I agree, but any drop in internet like that is kind of a joke when I'm paying for gigabit and expect 24/7 coverage unless an outage is unavoidable; or at least to be told that such a thing is supposed to happen.

Becky
        Hi Felicity, the signal levels to your Gateway are poor, causing high T3 errors. T3 errors are caused by noise in the signal from bad connectors, splitters, or an issue with the Cox equipment outside your home. I'm surprised that you only experience connectivity issues around 4am! Are there any splitters on the coax cable from the Gateway to the cable outlet? If so, remove or replace the splitter and see if connectivity improves. If there is no improvement, or there are no splitters on the connection to the Gateway, I suggest that we schedule a service call so an on-site technician can resolve this for you. If you'd like my team to schedule a service call for you, email us at cox.help@cox.com. Please include your full name and address in your email. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator