Forum Discussion

danaj525
New Contributor
7 years ago

Data Cap BS

I hope you lose so many people for pulling this ***. I know about 10 so far personally. It'll  be so many more. Guess you have to be dumb sometime to learn a lesson. Hope it cost you millions 

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    mcclaunch88
    New Contributor

So I filed a complaint with the FCC and Cox called me and tried to tell me about how because of people that use high data it slows everyone else down. Basically cox is pretty much no going to tell people how they need to 'manage you data wisely'. This is ludicrous and when they drop the data cap because everyone is so upset they won't have any customers. Only the people that have to remain with them because there is not another available in the area. Cox is claiming that "we expect minimal to no impact for the vast majority of our customers." Why then are there several posts on their forums that are several pages long with people who this is affecting?

I don't know if it will help but I put together a petition that may not go anywhere but I'm going to try. I have a family of 5 and we are all gamers and streamers. Our games patches can be anywhere from 50GB to 120GB sometimes and Cox with her data caps is basically saying I can't do things in my spare time at home because they are going to charge me for it. I don't care if I get banned from there forums for posting this but I'm going to reply to every single forum post I can find with this information and I hope something can be done. I added the link for the petition. Sign and share if you like because I'm not giving up. I don't fight for a lot but this is one thing that is going to impact my family and I don't like it.

https://www.change.org/p/sharon-s-truxillo-stop-imposing-in-personal-lives-by-adding-data-caps