Forum Discussion

BBBag
New Contributor
9 years ago

Can't access email

I have Cox Ultimate Internet, along with Ultimate TV with Contour and home phone service, but cannot access my email, nor even any of the "Internet Tools" on myaccount.cox.net.  I only have 1 login ID, the primary account, and can login to cox.com just fine to pay my bill, view my services, etc., but when trying to access "Internet Tools" and related features, it shows "You are managing email address:  null@" and acts like I need to sign up for service.  I've tried logging out and back in, clearing cookies/temp files, multiple browsers on different computers, all to no avail.  I can't access email, can't download McAffee, can't run the speedtest, can't check data usage, can't set up additional email accounts.  There are several other issues too, but I don't know that this is the appropriate forum for them... caller ID on TV does not show up, cannot pause/rewind TV, DVR jumps around when using fast forward/rewind during playback(jumps 10-20 minutes with the first press), TV pixelates/tiles, can't reset cable boxes with the online reset tool, can't access/manage phone messages online.  I'm sure there's more, but that's just off the top of my head.

I've tried emailing support with no response, any suggestions on what I can do to fix this?

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

Sounds like you have a bunch of problems. Did you just get the service installed? If not, did all these problems start around the same time and how long?

The email problem sounds different then the other issues, which sound more signal related. The email issue sounds like they created your Cox account, but never created the email, or never transferred the email from your previous account. The username for your login is "A" email address, but not YOUR email address. Thats my best guess, will be able to say better when I know more about the details.

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    @BBBag

Give it a try now and see if you can get in.

BBBag
    New Contributor

Thanks ChrisL,

I just got home from work, so haven't had much chance to check everything yet, but I can now access the webmail, and it no longer shows the "null@" address.  I'll have to take a look around and make sure everything else seems to be working too. May I ask what the issue was with the email?

BBBag
    New Contributor

I had service installed about 2 months ago, and had a few issues with the "Professional" install at the time too, but that has been taken care of.  When I  called about some of these issues about 2 weeks after the install, I was told that most of it should work itself out after the equipment "learns" our usage patterns.  I don't actually use most of this, but the others in my household do, and I have been getting more complaints from them lately, so am trying to get the issues resolved.  I think we may have a bad Contour/DVR box, but not real sure how to test that.

Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

BBBag said:
    , I was told that most of it should work itself out after the equipment "learns" our usage patterns.

LOL. That is the biggest load of bull poop I have ever heard. I have to give credit though, atleast it's creative bull poop. What were the problems during the install? Feels like your still having them.

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    @BBBag

There was actually a problem with the way your email was synced on our end.  Should be all good now.

BBBag
    New Contributor

Health Edge said:
    What were the problems during the install?

The initial install took nearly 3 weeks... first 2 appointments were no-shows, and when I called to find out where the tech was, was told they were cancelled due to some third-party FCC approval, which I did go through and authorize during the initial order and again with each reschedule.  Then when they finally did do the install, they showed up over 4 hours early, while I was still at work(my brother lives with me and was home at the time), and were only there for maybe an hour, whereas I was told over phone that it would be at least  a 4 hour job to install the services ordered.  The installer just tucked the outside cable connection into the AT&T box, only set up one of the cable boxes, and only hooked up a single phone directly to the modem.  He pulled up a CAT-6 cable that we had stapled neatly along the baseboards and tucked under the edge of some carpet, just to "see where it goes"(which is just to a second router upstairs for those computers), and made a mess in the process.  I came home from work and was very upset, to say the least...  I had to plug the phone line from the modem into the wall to get phone service to the rest of the house, then proceeded to make a few unhappy phone calls.  Customer service was very courteous and helpful, and had another tech out within a few days.  This time it all went well, he showed up as scheduled, made sure all the equipment was properly installed, replaced some of the old cable in the house(old RG5 coax), checked signal strength, and determined that we needed a new drop line to the house as well, and got that installed too, along with a junction box for the outside cable connection. 

I wasn't too familiar with all the features that were supposed to be included, so didn't  really know what all to check for, but primary services seemed to be good when the tech left.  It wasn't until I started trying to play with some of the extra features over the next couple of weeks that I realized some stuff just wasn't quite right.

The initial installation process gave a very bad first impression, but overall, I'm satisfied with the corrective action. 

Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

Sounds like two issues. First, the install work order probably got messed up because of a problem with porting. I assume you were porting your phone number from another carrier? The other issue sounds like a contractor, or just someone bad at their job, was assigned to  the install. Sounds like some of that old wiring was missed or there is some kind of signal problem causing the ingress. If its within 30days of the install, I would suggest scheduling a Re-install of the service. Give the technician more time and more materials to fix any possible hard to fix issues.

The FCC thing probably caused the Cox back of house people to rush and make a new account and work order when the first one got messed up. This probably caused some provisioning issues and make some things not line up on your account. Hopefully a moderator will be able to assist with that.

• Hi BBBag, I am happy to hear that you are satisfied overall with the way your service issues were taken care of. Please feel free to reach out to us via Facebook, Twitter @COXHELP, or email cox.help@cox.com