Forum Discussion

Phil7108
New Contributor
3 months ago

XR15 Cox Remote

When watching a recorded show, The Page Up and Page Down buttons advance or rewind the playback by 5 minutes. Is there a way to change this to only 1 minute?

6 Replies

Phil7108
    New Contributor

The thread says exit+exit+exit+0030

I tried pressing the exit key three times, then the numbers, but the box thinks I'm trying to search for a channel. Do I need to somehow insert a "+" sign?, If so, how?

DannyS

Hello Phil7108, you should be able to still change the setting.  I just did it on my box for testing.  I never got a conformation, but it now forwards 30 seconds and rewinds 15 seconds.  If this was set up prior.  Removing power from the box for 5 minutes and reconnecting it may also help reset that setting for you.  If nothing else is working for you.  You can also use the voice feature.  You can say "rewind or fast forward with the desired time" to move the programming to the desired location during your playback on any recorded show.  

Phil7108
        New Contributor

The button would be much easier to use than using a voice command each time. Due to multiple other issues, we had to get a new box. The new one came with an XR11 remote, which still has the same 5-minute FF/RW setting. When I try to change it to 1 minute (exit+exit+exit+0100), the box wants to take me to channel 100. It would seem very useful to have this configurable under settings, is there any way to get COX to consider this?

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Search the forums for "Contour skip".  Here's another post 

I have Cox TV so I can't test it.  If it still doesn't work, you may need to replace the remote.