Forum Discussion

LongTime_TIVO_U
Contributor
14 days ago

Follow up to Cox notice

I recently posted a question about an equipment update from COX. A moderator, DannyS replied that the update involved new Tuning Adaptors.  Strangely, DannyS disabled replies, so I'll start another thread with my follow up questions.

1. As stated in the original post, my tuning adaptors were updated about a year ago.  Are you really going to update them again or is this an error.
  2. I finally got a hold of a real person at Cox.  She stated that the update involves new Cable Card, not Tuning Adaptors.  She seemed to know what she was doing and was fully aware of the fact I had new tuning adaptors. She has send me two now cable cards.  So...  What's really going on?

Thanks,

4 Replies

• LongTime_TIVO_U, The new Vecima tuning adapter is required for all customers who opt to use a cableCARD to receive video services. Customers must swap or upgrade their equipment in order to avoid a disruption of service.  It would appear that the agent over the phone is referring the adaptor as a card.  If you would need for us to review your account.  Please reach us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com anytime for assistance. We are always happy to help.

LongTime_TIVO_U
      Contributor

Interesting reply.

As suggested, I'll contact Cox via the email address you provided.  Hopefully that will clear up the confusion.

LongTime_TIVO_U
      Contributor

I contacted Cox using the email suggested by DannyS .  They stated quite clearly that this is a cable card issue.  Two new cable cards have been sent out.  

MichaelJ

Hi LongTime_TIVO_U, 

I am happy to hear that the Rep is sending you new cards.

Mike

Cox Support Forums Moderator