Forum Discussion

amweiss
New Contributor
4 years ago

WatchTV and Watching Recorded programs

I sometime use my computer to watch cox TV (by going to watchtv.cox.com).  If I have recorded a program, there doesn't appear to be a way to watch on my computer.  All it shows are the programs I've recorded and options for recording - but there is no link to Watch the recorded program.  Am I missing something?  Thanks

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @Amweiss,

That is a great question. You are not able to watch content from your DVR on watchtv.cox.com unless you have a CloudDVR. When you have a regular DVR the content is physically saved on the hard drives on the device. www.cox.com/.../dvr.html

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      amweiss
      New Contributor

Thanks....when I go into my Cox account it doesn't say what type of DVR I have.  All it says is how many channels I have, view the line up and Local Channels..it would be helpful to see what type of DVR I signed up for.

CrystalS
        Former Moderator
        Hi,

You are able to view the type of DVR service by going to the Account overview page, clicking the Billing section, and inside the Bill Summary section, scroll down until you see Monthly Services, under the TV section. You can also reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. We can certainly assist you there as well.

Crystal S.
        Cox Support Forum Moderator