Forum Discussion

fraben
New Contributor II
5 years ago

unwanted contour

We were told that our old cable boxes would stop working soon, so we took the old boxes to the Cox store to exchange them for the new version of the same box. When the guy came back with contour boxes we said we didn't want it but he said it was free for a year and gave us no other choice but to take contour. Well I got it home and all set up, everything working and it took a very short time to see it was nowhere near as good as the old box. I just want to get the new version of the non-contour box, will that be possible?

5 Replies

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Fraben

That version is no longer available (Rovi). Cox is retiring the Rovi receivers and updating the network with better, more efficient technology.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      fraben
      New Contributor II

So you're telling me that only contour will be available from now on? If that is so let me know when my bundle contract is up and I'll dump TV all together.

JonathanJ
        Former Moderator
        @Fraben

Cox provides the Support Forums as a service to its customers to help them obtain technical support, exchange ideas, and get information relating to Cox products and services. Billing and account questions that require the sharing of personal information aren't suited for a public forum. For further assistance, please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address.

Jonathan J
        Cox Moderator