Forum Discussion

upset_in_vegas
New Contributor
5 years ago

Tivo and Cox

I have Tivo, I asked Cox to provide a tuner and cable card so that I would have service. They keep demanding that I have a contour box. I keep asking why the tuner and the cable card provide the service. They keep saying I have to have one and it has to be plugged in. The one they left here has not bee plugged in since the day they left it, and everything works fine. 

Why can't I get someone over there to understand that I don't need or want to pay for their box? I have my own. :( 

5 Replies

• A contour box is not required to provide service for Tivo, I am not sure why you were told that. You can return the contour box and use just the cable card/tuning adapter if you would like.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      upset_in_vegas
      New Contributor

Brian, I know that, but everyone I talk to says I need it. I understand that they are probably new but I can't get anyone to agree and fix the bill and let me drop it off. 

upset_in_vegas
        New Contributor

Is there an office in Las Vegas that is not one of their stores that I can take the box to and they will be able to correct everything? Thanks

Stewart_H
    New Contributor III

Not only has Cox demanded I turn in  / replace my outdated TV Receiver....they are removing channels piece by piece on a weekly basis.  Today...no ESPN or ESPN2, previously Movie Pak channels removed, Since May 8th No HD, also no MLB, No MTV...what's next.....how about losing a 10+ year customer.....never late !!!