Forum Discussion

SCP
New Contributor
2 years ago

Replaced Contour 2 Box (Arris) and it sounds like a truck

The new replacement Contour Box has two major issues; (1) Can't see the clock, digits not lit up and (2) the HDD sounds like a truck continually. I would take it in to be replaced after only 2 days, but, expect that they're all like this. Anyone replace recently and have none of the issues above?

16 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Yea, Cox refurbishes their cable boxes however it's luck of the draw who get's what at the Cox store. I would suggest calling the store and asking if they have any new equipment in stock.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Explain your set-up.  Is your cable-box connected an audio-video receiver or soundbar?

What are your audio settings on the cable-box?

Is your TV configured to process audio?

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

I think OP means the physical sound of the hard drive, not the sound coming from the audio output.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Begs a question.  Does Cox still order DVR with HDD from manufacturers?  I thought new boxes were cloud now.

PJS2
    Contributor

I had to replace my box earlier today. The replacement box is quiet and works fine. Yes, it is the hard drive model. It did a software update when first plugged in.

Edit: It does have a clock but it's so dim it is unusable, even at its brightest setting. 

SCP
      New Contributor

Thanks. Mine has started to be a little more quite, so hopefully it will stay that way. The clock, it's the pits. I spoke to the store and they said there is no fix for that.

rlgrot
    New Contributor III

The new boxes do not have a lock anymore. I had to purchase a cheap battery clock on Amazon and place on top of DVR. Funny how improving the boxes results in less convinces.

SCP
      New Contributor

My two Contour Boxes (original and the replacement) has a clock, just can't see it very well, horrible brightness.