Forum Discussion

ASJWH20S
New Contributor II
6 years ago
Solved

A few HBO channels not coming through?

HBO HD 1200= Works HBO2 HD 1201= Information Loading ... Please wait. HBO Signature HD 1202= Works HBO Family HD 1203= Service Unavailable / Information Loading... Please wait. (Sometimes comes...
    ASJWH20S
    6 years ago

Sorry to take so long to reply about this but I have had much luck in fixing this problem. First things first... I cannot recommend the coaxle cables I purchased from Walmart. They were advertised as high performance and I paid a bit more for them when it turned out they were both the culprits of the glitchy connection leading to the main part of the splitter. I am surprised that the cheaper one I bought, only one available at the time, that leads to the cable box doesn't cause any issues but I happened to come across a different coaxle cable for the main part of the splitter that made the problem go away. No problems since then!

I am still unsure about my modem connection as it doesn't seem too strong from where I was living but seems to stream just fine. I also hadn't mentioned we had this bad crackle on the phone line but could only hear it from certain phones and lan lines which seems to have gone away for the most part when they did work in this area but I can still rarely hear a crackle/pop very faintly when talking to my wife from work and no it isn't because it's on a cell as it has been reported from different connections as well as a land line.

As for the modem I am sure I would get better results from buying a new one from the store but this one seems to work okay for now! Thanks for the help and I hope people that experience this problem with HBO and other channels try replacing the main coaxle or other coaxles but buy them from Best Buy as I hear those are better quality.