Forum Discussion

Bmloff
New Contributor II
7 years ago

Picture freeze

A couple times a week the picture freezes. If I change the channel the sound changes but the picture stays the same. Frozen. Is this a signal issue?

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello,

This could be a signal or box issue. Please power cycle the cable box and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator.

Bmloff
    New Contributor II

When the video freezes I power cycle my Contour box. It’s good for while. A day or two later it freezes again. The freeze happens when I’m watching a program and searching or doing something else. 

Bmloff
    New Contributor II

When the video freezes I power cycle my Contour box. It’s good for while. A day or two later it freezes again. The freeze happens when I’m watching a program and searching or doing something else. 

• @Bmloff,

We may need to send a tech out if this issue continues. If ti does, please send us an email with your full address and a link to this forum to cox.help@cox.com

Thanks,

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator

mac1938
    New Contributor

You are lucky, my contour freezes about every 5 to 10 minutes for 30 seconds to 1.5 minutes, loses signal and then comes back.  Just in one room.  Never had any issue till they forces me to trade in the scientific america box that was working fine.

I am tired of promises and technicians that come out and do nothing.  I just have given up on cox until I can find another solution.  I work two jobs and have no time to sit around all day waiting for them to maybe show up.

I wish I had better news for you - wish mine was just a couple times a week,  I only watch it a couple hours a day and that is fraught with frustration.

Karen_R
    Former Moderator
    Hello Mac1938,

We would like to get to the bottom of this for you. Please send an email with your full name, address, and the link to this forum post. Once we receive the email we will follo-up with you. Thanks