Forum Discussion

DejRich01
New Contributor
4 years ago

Narration on Recorded shows

for 3 weeks now, Marvels Agents of Shield records on Wed with a narrative voice through the whole program. None of my other programs do this and its not my settings? How do I get it corrected?

3 Replies

• Hi DejRich01. Did you check the settings on the TV as well as those on the cable box? If all of those are correct, you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
  • Hi DejRich01,

It appears Voice Guidance is turned on. From the Cox remote, complete the following.

1. Press the B button to access the Accessibility Settings Menu.
    2. Press the Down Arrow button to access the Voice Guidance On / Off window.
    3. Use the right arrow and press OK to turn Voice Guidance On or Off.

You can use the voice command to control the Voice Guidance system as well.

1. Press the MIC button.
    2. Say “Voice Guidance Off.”

Voice Guidance can also be managed through the Settings menu.

1. Press the CONTOUR button on the Cox remote to access the Main Menu.
    2. Use the arrow buttons to highlight the Settings gear icon, then press OK.
    3. From the Settings menu, press the down arrow to highlight the Accessibility Setting, then press OK.
    4. From the Accessibility Setting, arrow down to highlight Voice Guidance, then press OK to turn the feature On or Off.

Maria

Cox Support Forum Moderator