Forum Discussion

Buickpwr6
New Contributor
5 years ago

Intermittent loss of audio with new Contour box

Several times an evening and random times I lose audio watching live tv, movies, or recorded shows.  Picture is fine. Can restore audio by going backward & the playing live or recorded shows. Only happens on new Contour box, not two other mini boxes.  Reset box repeatedly, problem recurred Cox techs swapped out box, same problem.  Sound loss occurs on all 3 sound outputs from Contour box, so problem is in the Contour box.  Second Cox tech changed out cable from pole to house, & house to Contour box.  Same problems occurred.  "Escalated" tech could not solve, said maybe software problem wContour box. "Tech stated possible firm ware issue but the engineers are still working on it " basically answer we have no clue so please pay your high cost for inadequate quality system.Problem is very irritating.  Anyone else facing same issue?

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    donbert
    New Contributor

Yup, except this is late 2023, and your post was 4 years ago. It just started happening over the last month or so. Random audio outages when watching a program thru Contour on both TVs.

Called in, and of course, nobody knows what's going on. :(

ColleenD

Hi, donbert. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having audio issues. I know how annoying it can be and I'd like to help so you can get back to enjoying your TV service. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name, street address and a link to your post. 

Since the original post is 4 years old, I'm going to lock this thread. We look forward to receiving your email.