Forum Discussion

Chris_Shaffer
New Contributor
4 years ago

General Questions/Customer Service

1. I want to find out why my bill goes up every month without reason, why I am being charged for "additional internet" and a second tv when I only have one.

2. I would like to know why the website says there is online chat support but none exists, and why nobody is answering the phones during normal business hours, the phone rings and then hangs up with no message.

3. I would love to get a replacement remote for mine that no longer functions but I can't get anybody to answer a phone or chat online. (I already went through the option to get a replacement online, but it says an agent will chat with me to finalize the order and nothing happens.)

7 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Cox will quickly close your post because you dared to ask about "billing."

Additional Internet may be exceeding your data cap.  Do you?  Other than that...I don't know.

Second TV?  How many cable boxes do you have?

Phone and chat have been problematic recently.

Do you have a Cox Solution Store near you?  If so, you can freely exchange a defective/worn remote.  I'm sure your batteries are new, so remove 'em.

Chris_Shaffer
      New Contributor

Thanks for the reply

I have the unlimited internet included in my package. I have 1 box, but I see now I am being charged for a mini box and the additional tv fee. The local store is who I was trying to call, would like to avoid going there physically (the remote is actually damaged (my fault) wanted to pay to have a new one shipped. Which is an option online, if the chat feature would allow me to finalize the purchase.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

The Unlimited may the Additional Internet.  Was this an option?

I have never heard of an "additional TV fee."  Do you have a CableCard?

CWEET
    New Contributor

YOU HAVE THE MOST RUDE CUSTOMER SUPPORT AGENTS I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED SPEAKING TO IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! AS IF THE INCREASE IN INTERNET USAGE BECAUSE OF A PANDEMIC IS A CUSTOMERS PROBLEM! HOW DARE YOU YELL AT ME OVER A PHONE ABOUT HOW IM USING STREAMING SERVICES INSTEAD OF EXPLAINING HOW THE DATA WORKS! I CANT WAIT TO CANCEL!

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

What is happening with Cox Customer Service?  It's falling apart.  It's like dealing with the Children of the Corn.  Malachi!

Allan
      @CWEET, I recommend reaching out to us via email with your full name, address, and a brief description of the issue to cox.help@cox.com so we can look into this issue for you. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.