Forum Discussion

Homerdpoe
New Contributor II
4 years ago
Solved

Deleted recordings and some channels are not working

For the last 3 days my Contour receiver has erased all my recordings over night and I have not reset my Contour.  Also, most of the lower channels work.  The upper channels (CNBC, HISTORY ..ECT) do not work.

Could it be a defective Contour Receiver or at Cox'es end?

My other two Cox mini boxes work just fine.

Very frustrating. 

• @Homerdpoe

Currently, there's an unplanned outage affecting service. Technicians are working towards a resolution with no ETR. You can view outages and sign up to receive alerts on www.cox.com/.../outages.html. Once it been cleared and if you're still having an issue email, my team @ cox.help@cox.com your full name and address to we can take a look.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Homerdpoe
    New Contributor II

Homerdpoe again.  I forgot to mention, that I have Reset my Cox Contour,  modem, and router many, many times. Thank you. 

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @Homerdpoe

Currently, there's an unplanned outage affecting service. Technicians are working towards a resolution with no ETR. You can view outages and sign up to receive alerts on www.cox.com/.../outages.html. Once it been cleared and if you're still having an issue email, my team @ cox.help@cox.com your full name and address to we can take a look.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
    BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi Homerdpoe,

If you take off the Contour box and hook up a mini box it should work as long as the Contour box that you remove isn't the main host box.

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Homerdpoe
      New Contributor II

Cox techs Came out today and replaced my Contour Box. Everything works now.

Thanks for all  the help. 

JonathanJ
        Former Moderator
        @Homerdpoe

That's great to hear please let us know if you have further issues.

Jonathan J
        Cox Moderator