Forum Discussion

sjt
New Contributor
5 months ago

Countour2 Cable Box Audio Out

Are the Audio outputs on the Contour2 HD Receiver powered? In other words, I currently have one old Cisco box that I am replacing, it  has its audio (optical) connected through an amplifier to drive in-ceiling speakers.  I’ve had problems with the amp, so i want to toss it, but if i bypass it, connect the speakers direct to RCA output on the HD Reciever, would this drive the audio to these speakers if I connect directly? If so, assuming it might be a constant volume out, would the remote control volume through the TV?

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello, the short answer to this is no. The RCA audio outputs on our cables boxes are not powered. The speakers would need to be connected to your television or amplifier for audio. If you have any additional questions, can you please email cox.help@cox.com with name, address, and link to forum thread. The purpose of the Cox Cable Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable TV services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com