Forum Discussion

kittymom
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Contour 2 Software Glitch

I am disappointed with our experience after upgrading to the new Contour 2 record-6 DVR and voice remote. At first, we thought it was going to be really nice, then after the first day, we realized that the Cisco 9865 model will not maintain our selected setting for video or audio. This unit reboots overnight, then will default to 720P HD resolution and Stereo audio. What is the point of buying high-end home theater equipment when you have a shabby, low-end cable box? After resetting everything and waiting another day, the darn Cisco unit did the same thing. I did some research and learned that this is a known "glitch". We paid for service Tech to install this unit, and ultimately had to go to a Cox solutions store to trade in for a new version of this box and install it ourselves. Some people may not notice any difference in sound and video depending on their own TV setup, but we sure did. I really resent having to pay for a service call and then end up needing to exchange and install anyway. It seems as if Cox is just hoping that they can palm off these inferior models to unsuspecting customers. Not ethical!
  • @kittymom

I apologize for the experience and would love the opportunity investigate your concern. I completely understand your frustration as sometimes there are situations that are not handled in the best possible way. If you somehow find the willingness to email our team, please send your account details to cox.help@cox.com.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @kittymom

I apologize for the experience and would love the opportunity investigate your concern. I completely understand your frustration as sometimes there are situations that are not handled in the best possible way. If you somehow find the willingness to email our team, please send your account details to cox.help@cox.com.

kittymom
    New Contributor

I appreciate your apology, but apparently, this problem with the older Cisco units is not unique. 

You will see more complaints and box exchanges until all that  equipment is either replaced or repaired.   I think that service  techs should be upfront with customers about the limitations of this equipment before installing  if the customer has 1080p  and Dolby surround set ups.   

Kittymom.

• kittymom

Please know that you can reach out here 24/7.

StephanieS
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Corgi
    New Contributor

good move getting another box.  If it is the Arris box, which has the white clock digits on the left and the power button blue light on the right, you video and audio settings should always stay the same.  The Cisco 9865 models are the old Contour boxes which have the Contour 2 software loaded on them, some of these boxes change the settings, some don't.  The Arris box is the best box to use.

Corgi
    New Contributor

If the box you got at the store is the Arris box, with the white clock digits on the left and the power button with blue light on the right, you are good to go and should have no further problems with video and audio settings.

kittymom
    New Contributor
    Corgi said:

good move getting another box.  If it is the Arris box, which has the white clock digits on the left and the power button blue light on the right, you video and audio settings should always stay the same.  The Cisco 9865 models are the old Contour boxes which have the Contour 2 software loaded on them, some of these boxes change the settings, some don't.  The Arris box is the best box to use.

Yes Thank you Corgi. We got the Arris box. I noticed that the folks at the Cox Solutions store seemed to know exactly what we were talking about- didn't bat an eye. Arris unit works the way it should. Settings remain intact. Do really like the voice remote aspect of the Contour 2 system. I'm getting spoiled! :-)