Forum Discussion

zdanman
New Contributor
5 months ago

Contour 2 box - C2XG1HOSTDVR

How did this all start, well 3 days ago I went to my Contour 2 box to watch a recorded show and found out that after a nightly reboot of my device all my schedules, and recorded shows were completely gone.

After talking with an Cox Agent, they said my existing box was bad.  Never have I had any issues.  So I went down to the Cox store and picked up a newer replacement model - C2XG1HOSTDVR.

After setup I am in disbelief of how slow the response time is on selecting anything but volume.  The channels and features take 4-5 seconds between on click on my remote.  I have been told that this box might be bad by onsite Cox technical support, but he didn't have the same model - C2XG1HOSTDVR.

He recommended that I can go swap it out, so went back to Cox store (my fault for not checking) but they didn't have this model at the time.  I could have changed up my whole system with Panoramic wifi and cloud box but didn't want to go that route.

I'm waiting for my Cox store to obtain me a new - C2XG1HOSTDVR or newer model?? but they are on backlog.  Hard to get.

Is anyone else experiencing this terrible lag delay on their C2XG1HOSTDVR?

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    debbiefad
    New Contributor II

Oh my....  I've having problems with my box too.  When watching my DVR recordings the tv goes to a black screen for 3-5 seconds. It happens constantly.  I learned last night that I could rewind and then what was missed would show. Problem is... It happens 3-5 times during an hour long show. Doesn't happen on the other 3 tvs.  And I'm a new customer.  Got Cox on November 29.  They're coming tomorrow. They better not charge me $100 service call‼️  If so, I'll file a complaint with the a FCC because it has not worked since I went with Cox.  I thought it might clear up.  But NO...

Allan

Hello, please let us know if you have any questions and/or issues with the service after the tech visit. We want you to be able to enjoy the service that you are subscribed to. 

debbiefad
        New Contributor II

I'm not very optimistic.  I think I need a new box.  I checked all the connections.  Unplugged and plugged back in.  Maybe a new HDMI cable.  But it needs to be fixed without a service charge because it has never worked.

michaelgarry
      New Contributor

I have had this issue the past few weeks. I have the contour 2 box that keeps recordings on the box, not the cloud. Recently when watching recordings, the screen freezes, and after a short while I am kicked out of the recording. Even worse, when watching recorded football, it freezes a while and then goes to live! This reveals the score of a recorded game I am watching!

Today, my main box and satellite box don’t work. Tried everything. Worked with cox assistance that just told me to do everything I already did. Have to replace, but they no longer support non-cloud boxes! I tried cloud based a few months ago and it was a HORRIBLE experience. Very slow with regular commands, but horrible on DVR playback. 

ColleenD

Hello michaelgarry 

I can see how frustrating it would be to get kicked out of a recording to the live content and see the score like that and then have your boxes stop working. I'd love to help. Please email cox.help@cox.com with your full name, complete street address, a description of the trouble and a link to your forum post. 

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

This kind of delay is normally caused by an issue with the cable signal getting to the box, replace the cable wire from the box to the wall with a new cable, making sure both ends are snug, (finger tight not wrenched on), and verify any other boxes you have also have good cable connections. If you have any splitters inside, verify the connections, and if you have a spare, replace the splitter, as they can go bad and also cause issues like you are having. 

zdanman
    New Contributor

Update - this issue was resolved by a new box (same model) and newer remote control (RX15-RF). 
    I am not having any issues with lag. Thank you Cox Support and Services.

debbiefad
      New Contributor II

Yes, my tv lags to.  And I got a new box a couple days ago.  But not having any more problems with the screen blacking out when watching the DVR.

debbiefad
        New Contributor II

Update:  After a couple days, my TV seems to be okay now.  I'm still getting used to the system and remote.  I was with AT&T for 20+ years.  They kept removing channels like NBC and now CBS while they negotiate a "contract".  Last year about this same time, they removed NBC for 3 months.  They removed CBS this last Nov 30.  Cox said they don't have that problem.  I was never able to watch DirecTV/AT&T on my mobile devices.  I called and called.  Nothing worked.  Haven't tried with Cox yet.  But the DVR being saved to the cloud sounds much more optimistic.  When we're on vacation, we like to be able to watch our DVR.  :))