Forum Discussion

JudyG
New Contributor II
5 years ago
Solved

CHANGING CHANNELS ON TV - NOT AVAILABLE

While attempting to change channels, I keep getting the "We're having trouble on our end.  This channel isn't currently available.  Please try turning away from this channel for a few seconds then tune back to it.  If that doesn't work, Please try again in a few minutes (XRE 03059)."  This has been going on with EVERY channel so I have no choice but to watch the channel that is currently on (ABC Channel 7).  I cannot change it to another channel in any way.  I have reset my cable box too many times so it says I have to contact you all again, however, I am trying to work and do not have hours (which is usually takes) to get this resolved if I call in.  Issues have been occurring more and more and often in my area, I am going to look into switching my service to Verizon FIOS (which is now available). 

• Ugh...so I could be glitchy again.

It may just be latency on the CATV system.

14 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

This is the most astonishing post I've read in the Forum.  Your cable-TV service is so bad, you can't even change channels.

Not only would my frustration become unimaginable, but even more so after a Cox tech says it's all good and a moderator says it's a momentary thing.  I feel like dropping Cox after reading this.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Mine was acting glitchy since September:  slow to respond to remote and unavailable channels.  After the update in September (v103.1.0), it started with these symptoms.  After another update on 7 Oct (v104.1.0), the symptoms appear to have cleared.  Just because I haven't noticed the glitches, it doesn't mean they won't return; however, so far, so good.

You can check yours and post:  Contour button > Settings (gear) > About (bottom) > Release Version

JudyG
      New Contributor II

I just double checked (thanks for the info) and I do have the Release Version 104.1.0 on 7 Oct also.  It's been very sporadic with working with the exact issues as you mentioned.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Ugh...so I could be glitchy again.

It may just be latency on the CATV system.