Forum Discussion

phillip2018
Contributor
4 years ago

Xbox one , one s, one x, terrible upload starting oct 2019 after maintenance, and now it’s back in oct 2020 after maintenance. Fix this SOON @COX

I live in northwest Arkansas and I’m an Xbox gamer. October 2019, Last year, after cox did maintenance, I talked in person and by phone  with cox and Microsoft for hours/months over my gaming console reading 3 mb/s upload yet I pay for 30mbs upload. Cox blamed Microsoft, and vice versa. I finally gave up. Spring of 2020 cox did maintenance again and my upload was finally back. Now, it’s October of 2020 and cox just did maintenance again, and for the past 2 weeks my console is back to the 3mbs upload or less during prime hours “evening”. I have records of all of this. You guys know what you’re doing @cox. Please stop and Please fix this SOON. Thank you.

4 Replies

BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi Phillip2018,
    I know lag while gaming can be the pits. I have taken a look at your modem and I do see that you have some timeouts on your modem. Are there any splitters or amplifiers that are connected to the coaxial that is screwed into the back of your modem? If so can you bypass the splitter/amplifier and plug it directly into the wall from the modem? Also, are you gaming on wifi or hardwired?

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      phillip2018
      Contributor

Hi Ben. No there is no splitters. I also posted incorrect. This started back in October 2018. It was fixed in spring 2019, back again in October 2019, fixed in spring 2020, back in October 2020, all after some internet maintenance I get notified of... 

phillip2018
      Contributor

Also Ben, I had a tech come out this morning. My problem with upload magically fixed itself and started working right before he was scheduled to be here. An hr after he left, my upload issues began again. I’ve recorded all test speeds, times and dates. This is really odd. 

BenS1
        Former Moderator
        Thanks for letting me know. Did the technician find anything or replace any wires?

Ben S.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator