Forum Discussion

fredburbank
New Contributor
4 months ago
Solved

WIFI Router Dropping Out

I recently moved my Panaramic WIFI router from the basement to the first floor because I was experiencing dropouts.  Everything was fine for about a month until I could not get the router back from dropping out.  I moved it back down to the original basement spot and everything works again.  Is there a maximum cable distance from the incoming splitter/amplifier and the Panaramic WIFI router?  I was using 25 feet of quad 6 cable.

• In short yes. For every 100 feet you lose 6dB so you are losing about 1.5 signal. For comparison, every 3.5dB signal loss is about half the signal so each splitter also "splits" the signal in half. To see your signal levels sign into the Panoramic gateway by going to 192.168.0.1 in a browser > user;admin password;password > Connection > Cox Network > Scroll down and look for your downstream and upstream levels and post a screenshot.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

In short yes. For every 100 feet you lose 6dB so you are losing about 1.5 signal. For comparison, every 3.5dB signal loss is about half the signal so each splitter also "splits" the signal in half. To see your signal levels sign into the Panoramic gateway by going to 192.168.0.1 in a browser > user;admin password;password > Connection > Cox Network > Scroll down and look for your downstream and upstream levels and post a screenshot.