Forum Discussion

AnissaA
New Contributor
4 years ago

WiFi not connecting to smart TV or roku boxes

I just picked up a new panoramic WiFi modem, my other one was 2 years old and I was told I needed a new one because it kept disconnecting from my Roku box. But now this new modem isn’t even connecting to the Roku boxes I have or the Vizio smart TV I have. They would all at least find the WiFi when checking for networks but now nothing. It will not find either one of my 2.4GHz or 5GHz on either device. It is working on my two laptops and 3 IPhones in my home. Just very frustrating I cannot watch any of my TV’s or use my streaming services on them. Please help, I texted cox for assistance and they told me it was a Roku issue and asked if I wanted to UPGRADE for more money. I just want them all to work again.

6 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

First, I would reconnect your previous WiFi router because it was obviously not the problem.

If your Roku keeps disconnecting, you could have a congested wireless network caused by either inside or outside devices.  You could try selecting another channel of your router:  2.4xx GHz.

AnissaA
      New Contributor

I’m not sure if my last answer posted. I can’t get back my old modem because they had me exchange it for a new one. I tried to get the roku boxes to connect and it is showing there is no wireless connection and still. It finding the connecting when I manually enter it under a “private network”.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Oh...I thought it was your personal modem/WiFi.

I didn't understand your last sentence.  Does your Roku now connect?

hero
    New Contributor II

Had the same issue - i bought my own modem (stopped renting) and got rid of the panoramic. It affected my network bridge by trying to  find the “fastest” server - ha ha. I phoned them up got the new one provisioned - and it was sorted. Panoramic is rubbish!

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

I'm curious what compelled you to rent equipment from Cox?

hero
        New Contributor II

New to area & couldn’t be bothered to research modems & have some charlatan come rip me off a couple of grand “networking” my house etc