Forum Discussion

JimP321
New Contributor II
30 days ago

Why are Replies Turned Off

I posted something below because I wanted to hear from other customers their thoughts. Replies have been turned off I believe by a Cox moderator. This is not right but seems to fit the Cox model of not being open to their customer’s concerns but rather send you on a continuous loop within there support system which does solve the problem which is inconsistent and spotty service that needs to be addressed by their network maintenance team. 

6 Replies

JimP321
    New Contributor II

So I can reply to this message so it seems like a Cox Moderator turned off replies to me previous post. 

Dburdine
    New Contributor II

I noticed this as well I have been having the same issue. The 100+ that I pay isn’t worth it. I have been without service minority of today. I am going to change providers. If I had class today this would have been a huge deal I need reliable service. 

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

What was the problem you were having? Also, what modem are you using, and if you have a modem and router, what router are you using as well?

JimP321
      New Contributor II

Darkatt,

Thank you for your reply.  My problem is an inconsistent connection from Cox with the service being turned off for several hours on multiple occasions over the past couple of months.  Even though I signed up for text messages when the service is down Cox did not send them.  This was all spelled out in my prior post which the Cox moderator turned off replies to.  Isn't that interesting that Cox does not want to hear from other customers about their service outage issue.  As long as you asked I have been using a netgear modem and router, two components, both approved by Cox.  However, these are not the problem as verified by Cox customer service personnel.  It's the outside the home Cox network that has been inconsistent and unreliable.

Gratitude - Jim