Forum Discussion

socal_transplan
Contributor III
7 years ago

what the heck is going on with email?

1)  why is all my mail coming thru the east coast server?  ever since the meltdown of 2 weeks ago.   lends a whole new meaning to mail marked "yesterday."  i am in ca.

2) why does that server keep changing certificates?  i again could not send mail tonight until i found the new certificate & marked it "trusted."  had same problem during meltdown 2 weeks ago. (i use eudora, an older program. tired of having to constantly accommodate atlanta.)

3) why have i not received ANY mail since 4:05 pm pac time (or..."yesterday" per webmail)? it's 10:22 p.m.

i can hardly wait for tomorrow's mess. 

god save us all!

13 Replies

• I am not familiar with Pegasus but I use Eudora. Cox will not support you. But I see a couple of possible issues.

try the other 2 possibilities...I have used never & startles, but we now have to use ssl. You've got to find somewheree to change your ports. See cox site secureemail.cox.net

you may have a certificate issue too. I did. 

smtp auth...try 3

you need to do some googling.  I hope your Pegasus community out ther is as supportive as the Eudora community.

robnelli
    New Contributor

I finally got the settings correct for the Pegasus email client. After changing the port on the General setting panel for SMTP, the following Security settings panel changes were needed:

Select : Via direct SSL connect

Check : Disable certificate validation

Check : Login to the SMTP server using a Pop3 username/password and insert your Cox POP3 definition

Anonymous8
    New Contributor

Socal Transplant...

You were able to get Eudora to work? What did you do? Like YourFriendInDigitalAge above I'm on a non-Cox domain and still can't get mail to send. Have been using my phone as a hotspot!