Forum Discussion

drbennett581
New Contributor
2 years ago

Vacation Hold

I put my TV & Internet service on vacation hold and then due to family illness didn't get back to AZ. Cox switched from vacation without notifying me and now I have a $600 bill for service I didn't use nor could use as I wasn't in AZ. Customer service says pay it. I say why pay when service not even used. Wouldn't notification BEFORE you switch to full service be appropriate?

5 Replies

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

Vacation mode, or seasonal hold is for a maximum of 9 months, and then after the max, it shifts back to regular mode automatically.

https://www.cox.com/residential/special-offers/seasonal.html

"Services will be automatically reactivated 9 months from the date of seasonal status initiation, or earlier if set by customer at the time of initiation. Once scheduled, customer must contact Cox to adjust reactivation. "

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

First, this is a public forum meant for technical discussion. With that said, did you read the fine print on the hold? Did it say it would give notification? If not, then a automatic service change would usually be silent. It stinks but you have two choices, pay it or find another ISP. 

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

They can find another ISP, but they are still responsible for the amount owed. 

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

True, whether someone pay's something that they "owe" is up to them though.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I seriously doubt the OP was away from home for 9 months.  A $600 bill for services reads more like 2 months.

However, the OP will have to pay the bill(s) because if plans change, you're supposed to go online and update your return date.  Cox doesn't send a reminder to restore your services.

How does Cox Seasonal program work?

Enjoy the freedom of pausing your services when you're away from home for more than 30 days.  Simply begin the process online, select the dates when you want to pause your services and we'll take care of the rest.  Your services will automatically restore on the date you select.  If your plans change, you'll be able to update the date when your services resume.