Forum Discussion

Tucker25
New Contributor
5 years ago

Updating Netgear N600 Modems firmware

I contacted Netgear about updating my firmware. They said that is something my ISP has to do. So I contacted Cox tech support through the chat and they said they do not update firmware. Obviously someone has to be able to update the modem because it does not give me the option to when I log onto it. This was purchased at Walmart and not through Cox, but Netgear said Cox would still have to update it because they push the updates to cox to send out. Sounds like I'm getting the run-around..

7 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Cox has to evaluate, test and approve all software for their network.  Meaning, just because Netgear has an available update, Cox must authorize it.

Tucker25
      New Contributor

Which I understand that, but the cox tech support acted confused when I asked them to send an update to it. Like they have never heard of doing that before. Maybe I just go a terrible tech who has no idea what they are doing

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Did you call or email Tech Support?  I think the chat feature is just a bot.

• It looks like you already have the latest available firmware for your model modem.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator